Kuala Lumpur Bird Park

Location: Kuala Lumpur

Location Info

Address: No. 920, Jalan Cenderawasih, Taman Tasik Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Office Number: +603 2272 1010
Fax Number: +603 2273 5428
Opening Hours: 09:00am - 06:00pm (Daily)

District » City Centre


Just 10 minutes from the city center is 20.9 acres of land dedicated to some 3000 birds from at least 200 species. This land is their home and that is the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. 90% of the birds at the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park can be found locally while the remaining 10% were imported from overseas.


The Bird Park's history dates back from 1888 when the Lake Gardens was first established. The Bird Park was part of the Lake Gardens back then but the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park itself was only established back in 1991. Other attractions of the Lake Gardens include the Butterfly Park Kuala Lumpur, the Orchid and Hibiscus Gardens, The National Monument and an artificial lake. The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is definitely a tourist spot not to be missed as it is the world's largest free flight aviary.

Visitors can take long strolls along the walkway of the park while enjoying the view of birds of various colors and sizes. With every step you take, there will definitely be birds that catch your attention. Some of the main attractions of the park are the hornbill park, the flamingo pond, the world of parrots, the egg incubation area, the bird gallery and education center just to name a few. Daily activities at the Bird Park include bird shows, eagle feeding, hornbill feeding and so much more.

If you are a fan of bird-watching or a photography fanatic, the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is a place you would want to visit. Other than the Bird Park, there are some historical places in the area that you can visit too. They are the Islamic Art Museum and the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station.


Visitors can take get to the park via bus or train. Below are the available options to get to the park.

Take the Intrakota Bus 21C, 48C (From Kota Raya).

Take the Intrakota Bus 18, 21A (From Chow Kit).

Take the RapidKL Bus 115 (From KL Sentral).

KTM Komuter - disembark at the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, then walk to the Park or take a taxi.